The Department for Health and Social Care has confirmed that the spring boosters will be available for:
- Everyone over the age of 75
- Residents in care homes for older people
- Immunosuppressed people over the age of five
In England, this booster vaccination campaign will run from April to June.
Professor Wei Shen Lim, Chairman of the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation, said: "Vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself against Covid-19, and the spring booster programme provides an opportunity for those who are at highest risk of severe illness to keep their immunity topped up.
"This year's spring programme will bridge the gap to the planned booster programme in the autumn, enabling those who are most vulnerable to be well protected throughout the summer."
The NHS will contact those eligible for the booster jab nearer the time. The offer of first and second doses will also close at the same time as spring boosters at the end of June.
If you have not yet received your first and second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you can do so by:
- booking your COVID-19 vaccination appointments online for an appointment at a vaccination centre or pharmacy;
- or finding a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site to get vaccinated without needing an appointment
"Vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself against Covid-19"